Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fort Worth

Although I lived in Dallas for several years in the 1960s, I had never been to Fort Worth until last week. It's nothing like I expected. Since it's supposed to be where the west begins, I expected it to be flat with few trees. Surprise - it has more hills and trees than Dallas. I'm staying in Fossil Creek, a very nice suburb about ten minutes north of Fort Worth. Fossil Creek is the equal of any of the newer Dallas suburban communities.

Sundance Square, a large part of the downtown area, is really beautiful. Tourist brochures describe it this way: "Downtown has preserved the architecture and rich heritage of the city's colorful past through this development, a 14-block collection of graciously restored and replicated turn-of-the-century storefronts, appointed with colorful landscaping and brick paved streets."

I will do one post on Sundance Square and another on the Stockyards.

No comments: